Team/Athlete Scholarship Program
Recruiting Classroom’s Scholarship Program provides support for participation fees and equipment to approved individual families who have a general need of assistance to ensure the opportunity for their child to participate in sports. After a review of a program’s application, Recruiting Classroom will purchase the necessary equipment for the family/team or provide the program/league with the funds to support the equipment purchase or participation fee payments.
- Consideration will be based on need, complete submission of required information and availability of funds at Recruiting Classroom
- Funds will be provided either directly to the program owner or to the vendor for the purchase of equipment or to pay a team fee; at no point will funds be made payable to individuals through this program
- Team may apply for a maximum scholarship value of up to $10,000 per year. Families who apply may apply for a maximum grant value of $1,000 per year. Average grant valuation is expected to range from $250 – $500 for individuals and $2,500 for teams.
- All data received will remain confidential and be used solely for general statistical information
All funds awarded will be made at the discretion of the Scholarship Grant Committee
Criteria for Application to Be Considered for a Grant
- Completed application.
- Attach documentation to prove need based on answers in the application.
- For program/team applications, please provide an attachment that confirms you have verified needs for the kids you are including in your ask.
- Application completed by group/organization leader or responsible party.
- Demographics and need of the predominance of the group applying for support must align to Recruiting Classroom’s stated target population (can be found on our website).
- Child or athletes on a team for who the funds or equipment are being provided must be between the ages of 5 and 18 years of age and enrolled in K – post-secondary education.
- Proof of financial hardship and need are required.
- We will determine hardship based on a customer’s willingness to meet debt obligations but unable to meet because of unexpected events or changes to cash flow.
- Once we have received your application, we will email you confirmation of receipt.
- Applications are expected to be reviewed and decisioned within 30-days of receipt. Should we expect a longer timeframe, we will communicate with you.
- Once the application has been reviewed by the AOFP Committee, we will contact you with whether your application has been approved fully, approved partially to include the amount approved or denied.
- Upon the end of your stated program timeframe, we will send our impact survey to the program owner for completion and return to Recruiting Classroom.